Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Voting for a challenge creating [updated]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It is an interesting challenge.
I would participate too.
It has seven days we start this thread with only eight votes. During these days at least twenty four users (not counting the newest ones) had accessed the forum.

Then, as expected, just a small amount of people are interest in this kind of stuff.

Maybe we could think about a kind of "How to" thread where everybody could to contribute with ideas/workflow in order the object done. Always using Wings3D only (without to use any kind of plugins or extra software). Check these sample:
- How To: Create Rocks
- How To: Create Threes
The 'how to' idea is very nice Micheus. I think is the needed thing.
That can also be a "how to do ... ?" question and who have ideas can share them there. Maybe this could work for a while.
So there won't be a challenge?

I think there should be a good pipeline for product design, like keyshot.

How to model and render <add your product> in a photorealistic render engine.
Maybe yafaray, but also should be clear the procedure. I've tested it and I don't know why is so slow compared to blender's one, maybe something with my config.

Regards
(02-02-2016, 03:54 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]It has seven days we start this thread with only eight votes. During these days at least twenty four users (not counting the newest ones) had accessed the forum.

Then, as expected, just a small amount of people are interest in this kind of stuff.

Maybe we could think about a kind of "How to" thread where everybody could to contribute with ideas/workflow in order the object done. Always using Wings3D only (without to use any kind of plugins or extra software). Check these sample:
- How To: Create Rocks
- How To: Create Threes

Good idea. Better then nothing. Smile so "how to make a horse"?;> I think it is gonna be funny.
Please refer to this if you need.Wink

Challenge Subject examples
To create a "30 step stair" in 10 minutes.
To create a "honeycomb sphere" in 10 minutes.
To create a "skyscraper buildings" in 10 minutes.
To create a "pipe joint" in 10 minutes.

1.Participants make it.
2.Each of them to introduce their own way.
3.Share and Find the optimal solution.
4.Developers might come up with commands to improve to inefficiencies.
5.Everyone is happy

Reason for providing the time limit is due to concentrate motivation,
and to reduce the difference between the beginner and the veteran.

Note!!: these are one of the draft.

Regard to funny challenge I sometimes draw the pixel art using Wings3D(Icon Editor like).
By handling well the selected area, I can paint the wide part efficiently.
--------
tkbd
A How To session was opened under Interface & Usage.
There is a pinned thread where people can "ask" for the subjects.
For those who really like the idea to get into a challenge I just read about one promoted by CGTrader.com: CG Low-Poly Challenge
Don't forget to read about the Awards&Prizes and Terms&Conditions

It's a good opportunity to show what Wings3D can do in your hands. Smile
I've added my vote - time to put my limited skills to some sort of test Biggrin It is the only way to learn by trying new things.

I don't know if it's worth any salt, but why not have a regular quarterly competition a bit like the old internet raytracing competition but for Wings 3D and what ever raytracer people want to use. Just pick a theme and let everyone who wants to have a go. Even the likes of me who has almost zero skills with Wings should be able to produce simple images/models for each theme. The best of the bunch perhaps could be added to the official Wings gallery.
Pages: 1 2 3 4