Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Kerkythea and Wings3d
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How did you get that chrome texture on the wheel ?
(04-01-2016, 02:46 PM)javier127 Wrote: [ -> ]How did you get that chrome texture on the wheel ?
Are talking about the image in the post #26?
I think it was the Chrome material present in Kerkythea library. Check this link.
Extra materials can be found here.
Yes post 26 , don't know why my post has appeared here even though I replied to post 26 ?
(04-01-2016, 03:15 PM)javier127 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes post 26 , don't know why my post has appeared here even though I replied to post 26 ?
Maybe because you need to click in the Quote button before you act over the Replay. Smile
Ok silly me . That link for extra materials , I selected "Metals and Car Paints" which downloaded as a zip file , I open the file but don't know what to do ?
The Kerkythea stores its materials at something like: C:\Program Files\Kerkythea Rendering System\MaterialEditor\Libraries
but the easy way to install them is just using the proper option under the File menu: Install Library... Smile
(04-01-2016, 03:20 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2016, 03:15 PM)javier127 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes post 26 , don't know why my post has appeared here even though I replied to post 26 ?
Maybe because you need to click in the Quote button before you act over the Replay. Smile

(04-01-2016, 04:08 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]The Kerkythea stores its materials at something like: C:\Program Files\Kerkythea Rendering System\MaterialEditor\Libraries
but the easy way to install them is just using the proper option under the File menu: Install Library... Smile

Ok didn't realise had to use Kerkythea 2008 echo edition , havn't used
this before , thought I could import the materials to wings 3d ?
(04-01-2016, 04:34 PM)javier127 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok didn't realise had to use Kerkythea 2008 echo edition , havn't used
this before , thought I could import the materials to wings 3d ?
No. After you finish to work in your scene use the Export to Kerkythea. That will create a .xml file that you will load in the Kerkythea application and then you can apply the materials from the library. It's not hard to use - you will see.

----
p.s. I'm going to create a tread for this discussion, because it's out of my original scope. Wink
javier127, take a look at the Off Topic->Render Tips session
(04-01-2016, 05:20 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]javier127, take a look at the Off Topic->Render Tips session

That download link for the 64bit version of Kerkythea doesn't work ?
Pages: 1 2 3