Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Wings_crash.dump - function_clause
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-27-2018, 05:59 AM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]micheus, if required I can do some test. Just share with updated files and I will follow it.
Sure.
I supposedly found the a way to avoid it, but I'm not sure it is the best option. So, I shared my finds with dgud since he knows this window management module like the back of his hand. Smile
Ok. Dan fixed this geometry title click bug, but it will be available in the next version.

As I noticed, the keys stoping to respond only if you click on the default (main) geometry window. So, avoid to do that. Smile

Now we need to continue looking for the original hotkeys issue at the beginning of your thread.
Hello,

Tested with new 2.1.7 but the issue still exist, see recording:

as you can see Selection Groups/Geometry graph and Tweak windows can focus after mouse over operation, but the main geometry window is not responding.
All the behavior is similar to previous W3D versions - without any specific reason it lost last repeat function

Fixes for v2.1.7 were also updated.

Additionally, if this will not make any trouble for you, could you during your availability check other Tweak issue, which was mentioned here - in short: with Tweak turned ON mouse movement makes mouse pointer skipping. This issue exist only for Linux system (tested with various graphic drivers and distributions). Workaround solutions from the configuration did not help. Will update recording when come back home.

BR, Hank
Hank

I don't think I really understand the problem here.

Can you describe what you are doing and what you are expecting to happen.
Focus on geom window takes 0.5s to get if you don't click in geom window,
I'll have to wait some time for the geom to get focus otherwise the will not be able to reach
the top-menu without always setting the focus to geom window.
(06-26-2018, 12:13 PM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]as you can see Selection Groups/Geometry graph and Tweak windows can focus after mouse over operation, but the main geometry window is not responding.
Hank, again, I tried to reproduce and I didn't get success.
The "D" key pressed with the mouse being over each one of those docked window (in the same layout as yours) just repeat the Move-Normal command.

It has been hard to figure out what happens from your side.

I just noticed another issue. Why does your geometry window is showing the object in flat shadow mode once you have the View->Work Mode disabled?
It should be shown in smooth shadow mode like in the image from my window bellow (on bottom):
(06-26-2018, 02:34 PM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]Hank

I don't think I really understand the problem here.

I'll have to wait some time for the geom to get focus otherwise the will not be able to reach

@dgud
I will make a recording with some process, so you can use it as a reference.
To be more clear:
- Tweak is ON (using only slide function)
- a lot of move normal (mostly vertex or faces)
- using smooth preview (shift+TAB)
- sometimes switching between various apps (Firefox or Spotify) in the background, but it shouldn't be 'the main' root cause
- a lot of Object/cleanup

@micheus
you have good eye.
I use hotkeys (shift+tab) for smooth preview and issue seems to appear in 2.1.7. Checked in previous version and was OK.

recording for v.2.1.7:

BR, Hank
+ recoding with 2 geometry graph windows:

I tried to select anything in window #2 but the focus is always referring to the original

Moreover, I found something interesting: when added new window (palette or selection) in geometry area, it makes short-cut work again but only 0,25 - 0,5 sec. as below:

+ log:

BR, Hank
(06-28-2018, 10:30 AM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to select anything in window #2 but the focus is always referring to the original
Your video record doen't spots where you clicked the mouse, but as I could notice you when that happens you started the marquee selection in the original geometry window (right one). Then, that would be a correct behaviour. The selection will be evaluated for that window only. We cannot combine two windows to find selection.
+ more recordings:

the problem seems to be related with Loop selection (I least I get it for key "L")
See that first loop selection went smooth, but in second attempt I got problem with last edge (on the left). Also, notice that "L" was pressed 4 times, so I should get full round.
After that I lost focus for geometry window.

Tweak (with slide) is ON
Tested with Linux Xubuntu and got the same result.

BR, Hank
(06-26-2018, 02:34 PM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I really understand the problem here.

Hank and I have been spent some time trying to find a direct way to reproduce the issue, but it turns out to be hard.
I could get it a couple of times by insistence - selecting loops (L) like a crazy until the keyboard stops to respond.

What I can confirm is that the issue is related to the Geometry window lost the focus and never get it back.
To try to see where the code was running in that moment I printed out the stack trace and here is the result:
Code:
Erlang/OTP 20 [erts-9.3] [64-bit] [smp:1:1] [ds:1:1:10] [async-threads:10]

Eshell V9.3  (abort with ^G)
1> wings-2.1.7.28.gdc31
Reading preferences from: c:/Users/micheus/AppData/Roaming/Wings3D/Preferences.txt

Grabbed focus lost: {wx_ref,555,wxGLCanvas,[]} geom
Stack trace: [{wings_util,'-array_greatest_key/1-fun-0-',3,
                          [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_util.erl"},
                           {line,170}]},
              {array,sparse_foldr_3,6,[{file,"array.erl"},{line,1848}]},
              {array,sparse_foldr_2,8,[{file,"array.erl"},{line,1837}]},
              {wings_util,array_greatest_key,1,
                          [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_util.erl"},
                           {line,170}]},
              {wings_we,update_id_bounds,1,
                        [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_we.erl"},
                         {line,806}]},
              {wings_ff_wings,renumber,5,
                              [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_ff_wings.erl"},
                               {line,1314}]},
              {wings_ff_wings,export,2,
                              [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_ff_wings.erl"},
                               {line,1251}]},
              {wings_file,autosave,1,
                          [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_file.erl"},
                           {line,616}]},
              {wings_file,autosave_event,3,
                          [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_file.erl"},
                           {line,595}]},
              {wings_wm,handle_event,3,
                        [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},
                         {line,973}]},
              {wings_wm,send_event,2,
                         {line,949}]},
              {wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,
                         {line,841}]},
              {wings_wm,dispatch_event,1,
                         {line,748}]},
              {wings_wm,get_and_dispatch,0,
                         {line,651}]},
              {wings,init_part2,2,
                     [{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings.erl"},
                      {line,104}]},
              {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,247}]}]

That came from wings_wm:dispatch_event(#wx{obj=Obj, event=#wxFocus{}}) - line #732
All the time I could repeat the issue it the stack trace was the same, so I did the autosave time shorter (2min) and the keyboard stopped to respond at that time.
If I'm not selecting anything in that moment then - after autosave has been ran - then the keyboard continues to respond.

I hope this can help us to find a fix for this issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4