Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Wings_crash.dump - function_clause
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
That's good news. And you have right with window behaviour - I would never discover it.
We're closer to find the root casue.
Let me know if any help with test is needed.
Thanks for following my advices.

BR, Hank
Unfortunately, I've been playing with 2.1.6 for couple last hours and I have to confirm the issue still exist.

+ recording:

added new geometry windows, but as you can see the original has always
higher priority and can't select anything for new window (even I move mouse pointer over it it refers to the window behind the scene)

Beside, most shortcuts seems to be disabled (like: d, or space), so can't repeat last function or deselect anything.

BR, Hank
Hi Hank. Thanks for the new video recorded.

It's hard to figure out how to reproduce what you are experiencing. What I noticed again is the Geometry title not getting focused in anytime. We already noticed that it's a symptom your system is compromised.

If you could observe in which moment your Geometry window stops to get focused and remember a couple of actions you did just before maybe I could try to reproduce it here and then try to find a fix.

I know it could be boring, but if you get into this situation "easily" then you could record you working since your started Wings3D until the Geometry stops to get focused (as soon you noticed that, of course).

I really wanted to help you, but unfortunately I'm not able until now. Sorry.
hi Micheus,

no problem, I'm just trying to highlight the issue and I belive together we can process it and find the root cause.
I've being testing 2.1.x for quite long now and actually I gave up and moved back to 1.5.4 (due to tweak issue, which is really what I miss in new version).
Anyhow, there's some chance we can move beyond it, see the recording:

whenever you click top line from geometry graph windows it makes key short (hotkeys) stops to work.
Repeat the steps:

add any object, select vertex and move it (free, normal or any axis), confirm with LMB, click the top window geometry graph line (title graph) and now press 'd' (repeat) - it's not working unless you move mouse pointer to other window.

PS. I replaced wings_io_wx.beam (already requested here): wings_io_wx.beam but did not help.

Maybe it's not the same what I have been getting before, but maybe clicking mouse button between top menu selection (vertex, edges, faces or object) after some time makes the windows 'freeze totally' and can't get the focus back?

BR, Hank
Thanks for keeping trying Hank

Yeah, I could repeat this title click problem. It seem when you click on title the "focus" doesn't comeback to the workspace area (the geometry window properly) and it's necessary to click on it in order to get hotkeys working fine.

That is a bug and something I can check, but it seems to not be "the bug". Sad

Please let me know if you get any other tip about it. Smile

Quote:(...) I gave up and moved back to 1.5.4 (due to tweak issue, which is really what I miss in new version).
What are you talking about?
(03-26-2018, 01:42 AM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for keeping trying Hank

Yeah, I could repeat this title click problem. It seem when you click on title the "focus" doesn't comeback to the workspace area (the geometry window properly) and it's necessary to click on it in order to get hotkeys working fine.

That is a bug and something I can check, but it seems to not be "the bug". Sad

Please let me know if you get any other tip about it. Smile

Quote:(...) I gave up and moved back to 1.5.4 (due to tweak issue, which is really what I miss in new version).
What are you talking about?

Sure, no problem.
I just follow 1.5.4 because it's the only version where Tweak works properly, otherwise in 2.1.x I got 'the bug' and had to re-start again and again...
Will update if found more time to check it.
Thanks for processing too.

BR, Hank
Micheus, I think it is related to wings_wm:grab() and ungrab(), since 2.0.0 every
grab must be followed by an ungrab, otherwise wings gets confused.

I have added ungrab in a couple of places in 2.1.6, where it was missing,
but the tweak code is so hard to follow that something is still broken there.

I have noticed it maybe once or twice after my fixes, but have not been able to repeat it after adding debug printouts, but I think I have fixed most of the issues. But it's always the last one that is the hardest to fix right.

What does wings_io_wx.beam patch do?

Hank what camera mode do you use?
Is that a clean wings-2.1.6 install?
OS Windows/Linux/Mac ?
Are you using any other software when modelling that might want to steal the mouse input?
(03-26-2018, 07:10 AM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]Hank what camera mode do you use?
Is that a clean wings-2.1.6 install?
OS Windows/Linux/Mac ?
Are you using any other software when modelling that might want to steal the mouse input?

Camera mode: standard, I just turns off orthographic view
clean W3D 2.1.6, but I got also 1.5.4 / 2.1.5 and some Mlab version too
OS: Win 10 but also previously tested in Linux Mint and got the same problem. I can confirm the status in Mac too, but if Win and Linux has the same symptom, is it worth?
In W3D modeling I jump very often between various windows => Atl + TAB (web browser, music player or 3rd part CG programs, like Blender or GIMP) - I exclude 3rd party program issue. For yesterday test were turned off and did not get the problem.
Furthermore, I change very often 'quick smooth preview' => Shift + TAB
And Tweak with slide option is turned on all the time.

BR, Hank
dgud, thanks for the tip. And yeah, it's hard to follow the tweak code.
I'm going to try check these grab/ugrab calls. But, it seems in that situation the geometry window would not lose its focus and we notice just the opposite.
micheus, if required I can do some test. Just share with updated files and I will follow it.

BR, Hank
Pages: 1 2 3 4