Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [stand-by] Image viewer cashes Wings3D on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:Here's a video of the behaviour in the Povray context:
As we already talked about in the other thread, I don't think it's the exact same problem since Phil92 told us that for some dimensions he is able to preview the image.

Let's see what other informations we can get to evaluate this issue.
Hi Micheus,

POVRAY 3.7 and YAFARAY V3 works well on my computer, the only limitation comes from the fact that I cannot load and display in wings3d (2.2.5 and 2.1.5), the images calculated by POVRAY and YAFARAY of dimensions greater than 1094 x 873 pixels because otherwise the wings3d window closes without showing me an error message.

If I want to calculate my POVRAY and YAFARAY images with dimensions greater than 1094 x 873 pixels (ex: 2188 x 1746) with wings3d, I must deactivate the loading and display of my images in wings3d.

Just do not indicate the format of the image calculated by POVRAY or YAFARAY (ex: my_picture.tga> my_picture) at this time, wingsd3 cannot load and display the image which has just been calculated and displays a small window with "No image rendered" and therefore wings3d does not close !

Obviously the image is saved on your hard drive but only with the extension .png

Micheus, i've some old dump files in my hard disk and isn't corresponding with my last wings3d or povray crashing tests.

Best regards

Phil
Does the same happen if you load a large texture and display it with wings viewer.
- import image larger than 1094 x 873
- From outliner window, double click the image
Hi dgud,

I imported my image in wings3d 2.1.5 and wings3d 2.2.5 (sphere_plan_2188x1746.png > 228.8kb) file menu > Import image. My image is loaded in Outliner window, if i double click on it, wings3d (2.1.5 and 2.2.5) close immediately with no message error. If i click my right button mouse on the name of my image, i see the contextual menu but if i chose > Show , wingsd3 (2.1.5 and 2.2.5) close immediately with no message error.

Thank you

Best regards

Phil
it maybe worth taking a look here dgud:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/wings3d

This version doesn't crash for me, but I can't figure out what he's changed and I have no luck building my own, I tried installing the dependencies listed and I broke Debian

But anyway it might give you an insight, I feel this topic is linked
http://www.wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2904

video trying different rendered images sizes:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XnJR3j...PwHAg4ZFT1
trying to view imported image:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YJNro7...13pz0Bvze0

I used 2.2.4, but 2.2.5 is exactly the same
it seem display resolution matters, it'll crash at 800x600 on Virtualbox but not on a 1280x768 display, the image needs to be bigger, but not by much

So here what I found..
Ubuntu the latest version seems ok tested VB
Debian Buster Xfce the sid version works but I get errors trying to build my own.. see VB thread
Debian Buster Xfce ;Tried to build my own using the sid repository and broke Debian
Raspbian(Debian Buster kernel), I'm able to build my own but encounter the povray/show image crash
Xubuntu, gave up!
Windows 10 no such crash

If you look around the internet these problems are very old across the Linux distros, I just took key words from the errors and they all seem to relate to Wings as far back as 2.1.5.. but I've yet to find a "you need to do this or use this"
Hmm, I have no problems displaying a 2048x2048 (or scaled to 3048x304Cool image on linux-ubuntu-18.04.
Tested with .png file.

Using this version of wxwidgets: libwxgtk3.0-0v5/bionic,now 3.0.4+dfsg-3 amd64 [installed]
and this libpng16-16/bionic-updates,bionic-security,now 1.6.34-1ubuntu0.18.04.2 amd64
libwxgtk3.0-0v5 3.0.4+dfsg-8
libpng16-16 1.36-6
This is Debian Buster running the Make Desktop.. I'm not sure what the Raspbian os is using..
I could get it working on Ubuntu but its not an option
Hi nigec,

I've check my system.

sudo apt-cache search libwxgt*

libwxgtk-media3.0-0v5 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ media library runtime)
libwxgtk-media3.0-dev - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ media library development)
libwxgtk3.0-0v5 - boîte à outils en interface graphique C++ multi plate-formes WxWidgets (exécutable GTK+)
libwxgtk3.0-dev - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ development)
libwxgtk-media3.0-gtk3-0v5 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ 3 media library runtime)
libwxgtk-media3.0-gtk3-dev - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ 3 media library development)
libwxgtk-webview3.0-gtk3-0v5 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ 3 webview library runtime)
libwxgtk-webview3.0-gtk3-dev - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ 3 webview library development)
libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-0v5 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ 3 runtime)
libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ 3 development)

sudo apt-cache search libpng*

libpng-dev - PNG library - development (version 1.6)
libpng-tools - PNG library - tools (version 1.6)
libpng16-16 - PNG library - runtime (version 1.6)
fp-units-gfx - Free Pascal - graphics-library units dependency package
fp-units-gfx-3.0.4 - Free Pascal - graphics-library units
libpnglite0 - lightweight C library for loading and writing PNG images
pngquant - Utilitaire d'optimisation d'images PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
libpnetcdf-dev - Development files for the parallel netCDF library
libpnetcdf0d - Libraryfor reading and writing parallel NetCDF files
libpng++-dev - C++ interface to the PNG (Portable Network Graphics) library
libpng-sixlegs-java - Sixlegs Java PNG Decoder
libpng-sixlegs-java-doc - Documentation for Sixlegs Java PNG Decoder
libpnglite-dev - lightweight C library for loading and writing PNG images
ruby-oily-png - native mixin to speed up ChunkyPNG
tkpng - PNG photo image support to Tcl/Tk

Best regards

Phil
I'm sorry, but currently I've no idea how to solve this issue.
Like I said, I mainly use Windows and 2.2.4 is fine

I get the impression its something to do with Wayland but I have no idea what, there was some clues in the sid repository version with some config files but trying to replicate the settings didn't help, put I'm stumbling around in the dark, I test stuff not fix it lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5