Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Another Yafaray question - image background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I am trying to get better at rendering things using Yafaray. I looked up some UV mapping tutorials on Youtube and checked Yafaray's website for more information and this is one of my latest renders:

It is looking pretty nice but how can I get rid of the lines (edges) showing up on the render? And how can I add an image as a background?

I tried looking up for the background but Yafaray's website shows how to do it on Blender. I couldn't find one about the W3D plugin.
The first question I can't answer without you give us access to the image (remember you must to set "Get shareable link" Smile)

About this one...
Quote:And how can I add an image as a background?

I tried looking up for the background but Yafaray's website shows how to do it on Blender. I couldn't find one about the W3D plugin.
You must to have read that "background lights the scene" - that is the tip: light.

Add an Ambient light to the scene; got to the Outliner window; expand the Lights node (+); find the ambient light and in the context menu use the option "Edit Light...". Go to the Yafaray tab and make the changes you need.

Not all options are available. We need to update the plugin with some new options since the last Yafaray implementation we used as reference.
Ooh okay. I need to look into lights more, didn't really understand anything about them in Yafaray.
I added an ambient light and gave it an image but it is too big. Making the image smaller or the object bigger don't work.
I also updated the link (clicked the wrong button earlier).
Thanks for the help! Biggrin
How did you create those textures images?

That looks like you assigned the painted texture to a texture creation layer and enabled the Draw Edges on another layer.
I clicked create texture and put the images.

The edge problem is solved. Thanks! But still don't know about the background.
Quote:I added an ambient light and gave it an image but it is too big. Making the image smaller or the object bigger don't work.
I think you are doing a extra step on texturing.
After you define the UV meshes you first time uses the command Create Texture. This will result in a new material with a diffuse image attached to it.
If you already have a texture image to assign to that mesh, the in the Create Texture you can use the background option to choose it (default is white colour) and then you leave all the other slots (layers) empty (none).

But, if you are going to paint externally the image texture and want to use the UV meshes (Islands) as reference, the you let the background using white colour and use the slots to add an extra layer as Faces (otherwise that area will be transparent) and Draw Edges (with option to draw the island's boundaries or the entire edges).
In this case, after you paint the texture you can just Refresh it in the Outlined window and you will get your model updated.

About the yafaray+background...
I may misunderstood what you want. Maybe you just want put an image behind the rendered object, which could be done in a external image app; or render your scene over a background which that could be achieved using a plane image that is put behind your scene in the opposite side of the camera.

An sample of what you're looking for would help.
I'll look into what you said but doing this fixed it.

Yes I wanted to render the scene over a background image. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I will do an image plane, didn't think of that. Thanks!

I am probably doing something wrong but I tried the putting an image plane to the back before rendering and it didin't work. It renders black.
You are making great progress on this.

Here is a document from my website that lists the YafaRay features and where to find them (Including backgrounds)... YafaRay Supported features

As Micheus said, you can render with a transparent background and then add your render to an existing image in Gimp or other image editing program. The Image plane method should work but you could also build a flat plane and add a texture to that as well.

Edit:Transparent background (Alpha under YafaRay Render options/General options tab) is not working in the latest version of YafaRay. You will need to use YafaRay version 0.1.99.4

oort
Thanks!
The Image plane didn't work so I will look into transparent background (or I will try to make image plane work).
Thank you guys so much for the help!
If you use "image plane" you will need to Edit the material and browse to the image under the Yafaray textures tab.

oort
Pages: 1 2 3