Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Kerkythea Rendering Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
@micheus:
UV seams are visible in Kerkythea.. just looks at these emoticons 'hands' .. Sad strange this it..

Radi
What format you using to export in kerkythea?
I use .obj format and i have no problem.

(12-05-2014, 01:53 AM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Olve11, that's a excelent tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
Because I tried in the past I just see a situation which it seems to not work - if the scene have a transparent/translucent sphere - I was not able to merge that rendered scene with a picture and it work fine. Maybe I did something wrong!?

Hi friend
You have right.
Tutorial what i sharing practycally using alpha mask to cut rendered object.
And for this metod you need gimp or other photoshop like software.
when you want change a background in scene with transprent/translucent object - i would try using alpha mask and combine it with depth map.
I try this in future and i write result B-)
Thanks, I exported file as .obj and seams are gone in Kerky Smile Earlier I used .3ds because file is exported that way in a blink of an eye. Sadly, .obj exporter takes ages to generate a file..

Hmmm how to scroll down that list of material libraries :\, I installed many packages from Kerkythea download page and I tried many things but still unable to scroll that list down :\
[Image: materialLibraryListKerkytheaProblem.jpg]
Hmmm how to scroll down that list of material libraries :\, I installed many packages from Kerkythea download page and I tried many things but still unable to scroll that list down :\

Hi Radi
I dont know what is substance of your problem
But see my print screen - material library scrolling is functionally
click on material window go on material icon and library open automatically.
What is your kerky version.
I used this version Echo boost 2008 x64 and i hawe no problem yet

Mouse scrolling is not working for me, only these little arrows works.
Thanks for answer btw. Now I see, 6 libraries are listed in that window, I resized these previews images in library folder from 128x128 to 96x96 and now that menu works properly Smile
Kerky developers do not care about old display resolutions -.- (my is 1024x76Cool
This week I was playing with Kerkythea material trying to find glass material which I couldn't find among those ones in the Glass material pack. Even not satisfied with the initial result I was thinking there isn't a way to get the effect I was looking for, but a colleague at DeviantArt has suggested something I could apply to Kerkythea and get a much better result. It happens in two steps:

and here is the comparison before/after:
[Image: th_two-bottle_zps70d83bc0.jpg]
Thanks to sharing man Tongue
I was just trying to know why when I put many bottles together they become dark (almost black):
[Image: th_temp_zpsjqaff8k2.jpg]
Then I prepared this test scene and summarized it with some notes:
[Image: kerkythea___glass_settings__ii__by_micheuss-d8ikly4.jpg]
haha olve, this looks much better ^.^
Photon mapping method has some differences from reality.
Someone writes about it in this article.
Kerkythea Rendering System FAQ

Material Editor Guide - There also write about the problem of "specular sampling" associated with photon mapping.

Writes Micheus - I noticed that mainly in reflective metals. It's true.
If we want to achieve with photon mapping nice reflections, we must remove Specular maps and change it for reflection map.
But this is not always the reality.

Yesterday I tried some tests. Look at that (images are 800x600 resolution)
I changed the bracelet material (add fresnel specular sampling).
For detail zoom it.
Interestingly, some materials containing specular maps, changing imaging.
(the floor In photon mapping)

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3 Ghz x64 2core
4 GB of RAM 1066 Mhz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5

There is too little visible sign "Casio". (Bump mapping)

And last i add Subsurface Scattering material.

So everything has pros and cons.
For me, winning Photon Mapping for exterior through daylight.
Metropolis light transport (Mlt) for product design.
Thanks

Post moved from this olve11's thread - check it out for full size images.
A problem that we can face in many biased renders is the presence of blotches like this:

In the Kerkythea Rendering System FAQ we can find some information/tip about it:
Quote:Q. What are the pros and cons of the biased versus unbiased techniques?
Biased techniques are usually much faster, because the estimation happens sporadically and a large part of the image is usually interpolated between these key points. This might lead though to disturbing artifacts known as blotches.
Unbiased techniques on the other hand take much longer but they are
guaranteed to solve accurately for all light interactions. The artifacts in their case appear in the form of noise that is decreased over running time.

Q. I have clouds/blotches in my final image. How can I eliminate them?
If you have some kind of soft clouds or blotches, then increase the Rays in Final Gathering. Increasing the number of Rays ensures that the estimation at each gathering point is more accurate and thus, the blotchy “waving” is reduced.

Q. Any other suggestion how to further avoid blotches in photon mapping or fireflies (white dots) appearing in unbiased renders?
We have observed that a big number of blotches/fireflies comes from the material reflectance description itself. If energy conservation is not kept in reflectance description, this results in an unrealistic material that reflects more light than it receives and it “sends” blotches/fireflies to your objects in the scene.
Being more careful in materials description (in the simple non-textured case, the color weights of your various components like diffuse, specular, etc. should sum less than 1) will not only reduce/eliminate blotches but also result in a more realistic render.
Pages: 1 2 3 4