Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: A dialog for File->Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(03-18-2014, 05:56 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: [ -> ]... (for example, user has to select/deselect one by one, an entire folder cant be hidden with a single click, etc).
I never understood too. We can try deal with this soon.

Quote:The fact is: Wings accepts two objects (or more) with the same name! I ever understand this, and i dont know if this can be useful some way.
I never too.

Quote:(a) an option to Replace the object with same name by the one is being merged (delete homonimous in scene)
(b) another option to Rename the object is being merged, if there is another one with identical name in scene (keep both ones)
I can add it.

But, as I told in the first post, we only will be able to have a good controls about what is being imported only by showing all elements (object/lights/materials) name and this require an scrollable dialog (for a "huge" project). I was just trying to give us some minimum control over what to import.
Quote:I can add it.

Nice to know, Micheus! You are great.
Just to know: usually, in commercial apps, when merge operation find in scene an object that has the same name of the one is being merged, a dialog opens, asking user if he want to Replace or Rename it. In this last case, there is a field where user can type a new name. Do you intend to implement something like this, or the Rename operation will be automatical? For example, a "tree" object being merged finds an object in scene with the same name ("tree"): then, Wings will automatically rename it to "tree_01" (for example)? Or you will implement a sub dialog for user type the wanted name?
(03-18-2014, 08:27 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: [ -> ]Do you intend to implement something like this, or the Rename operation will be automatical?
Automatically. To make the things simple and using a function that already do that for material names (like: default0,default1,...)
Micheus, i'm having the sad impression there will be problematic the code to erase the homonimous objects in scene... No?! Sad
Fonte Boa, I just finish implementing the changes and I still need to test the new changes.
I decided to use the Table component, this way I can show the elements' name. As that component allow us to select one line, we have the option to chose one element to be merged. So, I think we got a little more options/informations for Merge command.
[Image: merge_dialog_zps5682bd5f.png]
Micheus,
Smart idea to overcome the scrolling limitation... Smile

"Keep both ones" and "Delete Homonimous in scene" may need better names???

"Rename objects with same name" (Keep both ones)
"Replace objects with same name" (Delete Homonimous)

Or something else better than what I have suggested... Smile

Thanks,
oort
(03-24-2014, 01:46 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]"Keep both ones" and "Delete Homonimous in scene" may need better names???
I just picked part of the text written by Fonte Boa. I'm not good with names too. Biggrin
Let see if someone else have more ideas about them.
I figured that was what you did... Smile

I think my descriptions describe it correctly but they are rather long... Smile Sad

oort
(03-24-2014, 05:24 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]I think my descriptions describe it correctly
yeah, I think the same and I'm using it now.
It's almost ready for your tests. Wink
Micheus, thanks for the hard work. Smile

(1) In that list, is it possible to select more than one object or just one object at a time? (*)
(2) Is it possible to extend the "Object/Light option" to Materials too?

(*) If really not, i ask you if it would be possible to add a third botton, side "OK" and "Cancel" to import a single object in the list, then other one, etc, instead of have to call again and again the command "Merge". Something like "Append"...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9