Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
HI..
You need configure YafaRay command line options for load plugins in "Edit / Plug-in preferences /Yafaray"

[Image: yaf_pref.png]

Greetings..
Neon22,
Clicking the ? under Edit > Plugin Preferences > YafaRay should help some. Here is a thread with lots of info on getting YafaRay to work... YafaRay thread

povmaniac,
It would be better if there was no need for the registry setting to get YafaRay to work. It is not a problem for people who have been fans of YafRay/YafaRay for a long time since the older versions had an installer which added the required info to the registry. Manually editing the registry is a scary thing for most Windows users. I still don't like to do it. It would be good if there was a small batch file that new users could run in order to get the required registry settings. This may be impacting the popularity of YafaRay???

Thanks for the optimization info on the metal ring. I will have to try later. It makes sense what you say about 0.1.3 Experimental... Smile

oort
It is already not necessary to edit the registre of windows. Since a few versions ago, YafaRay incorporates the variable '-pp ' on line of commands. You already know that YafaRay walks very scarcely of developers. Is need save resources.. Smile
OK. Story so far. (nope still not rendering).
  1. I have the zip for 1st post of this thread - unzipped into C:\YafaRay
    From Yafaray website I got a daily build to see if the 1st post download had everything (because frequent references to bin directories which are not in 1st post download), However despite its small size (5MB vs 13MB) the 1st Post zip seems to have the right stuff in it. So I am assuming that's all I need.
  2. The -pp command line option means I don't need a registry key. The error message is incorrect.
  3. In the YafaRay plugin-preferences I can set the option line to match above. Interestingly the current prefs does not look the same as the dialog above (no default shader line).

4. In the Yafaray render menu I switched on the option to keep the xml file. This menu also seems shorter than others in this thread.

Still getting a "Rendering Error" popup and no image - but xml file is in target directory and looks good. And no complaints about finding path.
Quote:Exporting to: c:/YafaRay/scenes/foo.xml
for render to: c:/YafaRay/scenes/foo.tga
Mesh w_sphere1: triangulating...done
Mesh w_sphere1: exporting...done
Rendering Job started <0.51.0>:
> c:/YafaRay/YAFARA~1.EXE -vl 0 -dp -pp c:/YafaRay/plugins foo.xml
INFO: YafaRay 0.1.2
8•c
Rendering Job returned: 1
Export time: 0.000"
Render time: 0.078"
Total time: 0.078"
Rendering error: 1
I'm on a Win7 64bit machine
You use Yafray exporter with YafaRay binaries? :O
Please, donwload and use this versions..
Binaries..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1684...S_win32.7z

Exporter..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1684...faray.beam

Greetings..
But the link in the first post indicates the file there is the binaries, and it looks very very similar to your link in post above.
But OK.
So now I've downloaded anoher set of binaries (from your link just above) - removed all the old directories and placed this at the C: level.
Reset the plugin preferences to point to this directory and corresponding plugins folder

But frankly it looks very similar to the one in post 1 and has no bin directories either...
And still no change. Render Error.

Quote:Exporting to: c:/Users/user3/wpc_yafray-4372-FA5LUM.xml
for render to: c:/Users/user3/foo.tga
Mesh w_sphere1: triangulating...done
Mesh w_sphere1: exporting...done
Rendering Job started <0.50.0>:
> c:/YAFARA~1.5_S/YAFARA~1.EXE -vl 0 -dp -pp c:/yafaray_0.1.5_SSS_win32/plugins wpc_yafray-4372-FA5LUM.xml
INFO: YafaRay 0.1.5
Pœd
Rendering Job returned: 1
Export time: 0.016"
Render time: 0.062"
Total time: 0.078"
Rendering error: 1
One:
Forget Yafray exporter. Is a very very old version of YafaRay. Please use YaRaray exporter from the second link. (wpc_yafaray.beam)
Two:
But have other problem...
Quote: I'm on a Win7 64bit machine
your system is Windows 7 x64. The binaries from the first link, as made for win32.
Sorry, my english is very limited...
Neon22,
If for some reason you only see old YafRay and not new Yafaray in your render options that is a problem. Try Edit > Plugin Manager > Render tab > Enable YafaRay if it isn't already. You can disable old YafRay. If you copied the wpc_yafaray.beam to your plugins/import_export folder it should be listed.

povmaniac,
If I am not mistaken Micheus, Wegg, and Greytery all had to edit their registry in order to get YafaRay to work. In which version was this requirement removed?

Thanks,
oort
OK. I don't know what happened to the previous beam file. Weird.
However I deleted the original yafray.beam and langs from plugins/import_export and replaced it with YafaRay.beam
But all mention of Yafaray has gone from menus now ?

If I try to install it from File menu - says permision denied.

How do i get it into Wings ?

Looking at other posts - maybe I need a beam for my specifiic build of Wings ?
I'm using wings-1.5.0.2013-09-23---20-52.mlab
Neon22,
I have not tested the YafaRay plugin with Manifoldlab Wings3D yet but the same file should work with it. The fact that you are getting a permission denied error may mean it is some Windows security setting that is preventing it from working. I am still running Windows XP so I cannot help with that. Search for "permission denied" in the forum and you may find some help???

If you cannot install this plugin you will not be able to install others as well till you figure out the problem... Sad

oort
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16