Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Having fun with yafaRay. Good quality - very fast.
Noticing some diff between direct and SPPM - which seem the best quality results so far.
SPPM excellent for mesh lights but not so good with Caustics or SSS
Samples:

Neon22,
You are getting some nice fast renders. SSS does not work with SPPM or Bidirectional. Maybe SSS will be added to them in YafaRay in the future??? I haven't played with SPPM yet. Maybe you need to tweak something to get the caustics better for SPPM??? SPPM appears to give very good results with meshlights.

What are the specs on your PC?

povmaniac,
When I tried your suggested optimizations for the metal ring caustics reducing the number of photons did not give as good quality cardioid caustics. I had to use at least 20,000,000 and 90,000,000 made them better. The other changes did not seem to make a big difference.... Sad

Your last changes to the UI look good.

oort
oort:
Due to the nature itself of the algorithm SSS used in YafaRay, there is difficult his implementation in SPPM or Bidirectional pathtracing. I will be very satisfied, when we manage to improve his current implementation in DirectLlighting, PathTracing, and PhotonMapping.

Neon:
It is excellent news that you could already work with Yafaray. In some scenes, his times are very good, although others nevertheless, they need some adjustments. You can obtain information about YafaRay in the documentation of the official page.
http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userguide
povmaniac,
I took a quick look at an exported xml file when using Pathtracing. I see why it is not working. For some reason
Quote:<type sval="pathtracing"/>
is not being added to the integrator section when Pathtracing is used. See it is missing in the code....

Quote:<integrator name="default">
<raydepth ival="12"/>
<transpShad bval="false"/>
<shadowDepth ival="2"/>
<photons ival="500000"/>
<bounces ival="5"/>
<caustic_type sval="path"/>
<caustic_radius fval="1.0000000000"/>
<caustic_mix ival="100"/>
<caustic_depth ival="10"/>
<path_samples ival="32"/>
<use_background bval="true"/>
</integrator>

Maybe you have already fixed this???

I have updated my Wings3D page to add download of your YafaRay 0.1.5 SSS Rendering Software and your version of the YafaRay plug-in and also hopefully clarify other things.

Thanks,
oort
I just noticed that I had not uploaded the final version of the plugin that I did. In the last change I moved the ID to the front of the mesh code exported. I was using it but never uploaded it.

I also put the povmaniac version in a .tar file so that the beam file is installed in the import_export folder when using File > Install plugin.

oort
What exporter code this you using? It works well for me.
[Image: pathtracing.jpg]
povmaniac,
I still have not downloaded your source code and compiled it myself. I still need to download the source for Wings3D 1.5.1. I am still using the wpc_yafaray.beam file you have on dropbox from the link you posted in this thread. You have probably fixed this. Can you post an updated beam file? It may be November before I have time to play with your source code.

Thanks,
oort
Well, I finally got around to try out this plugin!
But I got stuck on the old 'path' problem...
After trying to add the yafaray-exe to my
computers path via a cmd-prompt, well it took
it but nothing came out of it (but a new error).
Sooo; time for a little hack in the registry-editor
and I can't really remember when I did that the
last time...(maybe like 10 years ago???)
But I can't figure out, from the error-message in
Wings3D, what should be a key or a string-
value! There's an image attached to this posting
(I hope)...
Fomhorian,
Look at post #105 by Neon22 in this thread. Hopefully that will answer your question.

Edit: You should also update your YafaRay to the 0.1.5 SSS build posted on the Wings3D page of my website.

Edit2: You also need to add your plugins path -pp under Edit > Plugin Preferences > YafaRay. Hit the ? in that dialog box for more help.

oort
Thanx Oort!

Stuff be happening! BiggrinDD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16