Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Thanks for the scene.
I'm looking for default values that can bring to user some reasonable result. So, by comparing my settings and yours I did some changes that give me a better result:
[Image: spagettiplate_zps9da9ad8e.png]
So, at least for Shiny Diffuse material, it seems the default value of Transmit Filter and Diffuse Reflection must be 1.0.

I noticed that you are using only Point light. I still continue with those I've pointed before. By comparing with your lights settings, they have ten times more power to illuminate my scene.

I checked the Global settings and even set all my values equal to yours, I cannot get a different result.
I tried to set the table material with the same values of your UV mapped one, but I don't know why I can't set the Shader Modulator to Diffuse as I saw in your material (the yellow boxes):
[Image: yafaray-materials_zps7e881198.jpg]Is this option enabled only when it is an UV mapped material?
Hi Micheus..
An small explanation of 'modulators'..
Have more info in YafaRay site documentation
Sorry for my bad english ( I need a spanish forum.. Smile )

Thanks for you explanation and don't worry about your English - I speak Portuguese. So, sorry about my bad English. Wink

After the latest tests where the global settings were the same; the basic materials were the same too (excepted the UV mapped); I turned off my lights and added three point lights with the same settings as yours, but still nothing.Dodgy

As I couldn't find what was going wrong I decided to export my plate and spaghettis (with materials) and import them in your scene. That way I found that was really all fine with my material settings. I just need to scale down my plate (35%).

So I returned to my scene and scaled down my scene (35%) and adjusted the lights positions too. My lights still have a huge adjust (50.0), but the result was much better:
[Image: th_spagettiplate_zps5221ff2e.png]
That seems to tell me that there was some lights attenuation activated - not by me. So, is it possible to have some control about this?
Look better, yes.
Btw.. Directlighting is not a better integrator ( no GI). Try 'photonmap' or 'pathtracing'.

Edit:
The lights need more refine code for update to YafaRay 0.1.2
Other question.. I can shared your scene ( spaguetti)?
(06-24-2013, 08:06 PM)povmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Other question.. I can shared your scene ( spaguetti)?
Yes, of course - link
Here is the same scene rendered on POV-Ray - using the default values:
[Image: th_spagetti_plate-pov-def_zpsfcc2ac75.png]
As you can see, it's very close that I got with Yafaray after those settings. It's about find these minimals values to be set as default that I was talking about.
Playing with some options (two materials for now):
[Image: Yafaray-renders1_zpsa00899f2.jpg]
It seems to be all fine with the exporter until now.
Quote:The lights need more refine code for update to YafaRay 0.1.2

So that is why I had to use such high power settings in some of my scenes with spot lights... Smile Sad

I have taken a few minutes to test some of my files with various YafaRay features. I am having compatibility issues with my test files containing modulators. Files using "diffuse" material setting are switching to "image". Texture coordinates are changing from "UV" to "Global". Blending modes are switching to "Mix".

The World Environment Settings Default color for the background is being exported as black. You are probably not finished with this one...

Edit: I see that adding lights to the scene makes the default color active. So this is working after all... Blush

Edit2: Another issue with files that contained materials with procedural settings. These are being lost and switching to image

Micheus,
Glad to see you testing. I have been testing with spheres and getting good results with the default settings. Real world tests will probably show weaknesses in the default values I had set... Smile

I have tested with Direct lighting method most of the time since it is usually faster for me.

Still busy with life... Sad
Thanks,
oort
Existing files with Ambient light HDRI do not render and crash when I try to edit the Ambient light. I have to delete the ambient light and add a new one.

SSS is not working... Sad

oort
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16