Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
povmaniac,
Since Micheus has already done the work of porting my version of the plugin to work with wxWidgets, I recommend you copy that to TheBounty plugin and modify to your preferred way of design. Everything is working now. You would simply have to change the interface.

I look forward to testing your TheBouinty plugin... Smile

Thanks,
oort
Might be a good idea, all the dialog hooks have been turned inside out in the 2.0, and
other changes such as things missing which causes a need for redesign and so on.
I am not sure much that it is a so good idea. The last time that I made slightly similar, I needed more from 90 commits and enough headaches. What more work gave to me, it was precisely the interface. After exporters codify for Softimage, Blender, Maya or SketchUp, knows very well the API of TheBounty / YafaRay. This is not a problem. The problem this one in how complicated and complicated it is to make the interface with Erlang.
Something you need to know is that now the code to build the UI is processed only once, so things that usually were did before considering the UI would be recreated many times (usually for dynamic interface) doesn't works anymore.
Certainly.. I Always like to divide my files of code in small parts () 1000 lines max.), for a better separation and control of the code (UI, export dates, etc ..). I see that this practice does not seem to be continued with the plug-in's of Wings3D or, perhaps, with Erlang himself. Can this be a problem?

Btw.. This is at the momment my 'dev' environment:
- Erlang OTP 18.0
- Compiler: TDM-GCC 5.1.0
- Editor: Notepad++ v6.6.7
- AMD APU A8 7600 + ATI Radeon R7, 16 GB RAM
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- Ubuntu 14.04 amd64
I have made a "special" patch release of erlang which is needed @
http://www.erlang.org/~dgud/patches/

The real erlang 18.1 release will come later this month.
Thank you for this link.
At the momment i don't have any issue with 18.0 version.
(09-11-2015, 08:34 PM)povmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]At the momment i don't have any issue with 18.0 version.
But, you probably will. Wink
erlang improvements day by day. Thanks @pov for making this project free.
@dgud we will be waiting for release of (real erlang) this month.
(09-12-2015, 05:49 PM)Jerry Burris Wrote: [ -> ]erlang improvements day by day. Thanks @pov for making this project free.
@dgud we will be waiting for release of (real erlang) this month.

The code is my passion..Smile

Thanks to Wings3d team for porting to wxWidgets. Now coding for Wings3D is very friendly.
Btw.. I hace create a long time ago an Freenode IRC channel for this project..
##wings3d. Please, visit!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19