Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I'm sorry for the delay. I'm very busy this days. Also, I have some problems with my dropbox account. Finally was uploaded to Mega my latest development version
You only need unzip the file to your HDD. Then, see into README file for details about environment settings.
Have fun!!

Greetings..
povmaniac,
No need to apologize... I see that the linked file contains both the "Gui" version of The Bounty and your latest version of The Bounty plugin.

I did some quick tests and the Gui is working nicely. I am also able to use the YafaRay plugin with your latest The Bounty "Gui" build. I see that by choosing thebounty-gui.exe instead of thebounty-xml.exe I can use the Gui version with the YafaRay plugin. That way I can play with more things until you finish making updates to your version of The Bounty plugin... Smile

I will not be able to do any more testing till Friday. I will give some feedback after further testing.

Thanks again,
oort
Thank you Oort.
Btw.. I have an small question, maybe for Micheus..
I try to make more small UI panels than as possible, but I obtain a lot of empty space:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ojFN...ThpMElRNFk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ojFN...GdGcWc5VTg

Why??
(09-22-2016, 09:11 AM)povmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]I try to make more small UI panels than as possible, but I obtain a lot of empty space:
:
Why??
That blank space can be caused by "reserved space" for show hidden controls or because one of those tab control is too hight (one of the reasons I suggest you to split the "Influence" group box into two columns).

As the dialog doesn't expand/contract automatically (as the old UI - using ESDL) and the new UI doesn't have scroll capability the needed space is reserved.
By default, every control added to the dialog will be shown. So, just because of that, when working with controls that can be shown/hidden we need to be sure to make visible only the controls used for the higher control option - we use {show,false} for that.

In the previous plugin implementation you see that in the Material tab, that was the higher one compared to the other.

It can be hard to explain. I hope to not have made thing more obscure for you. Smile
Well.. I have enough Smile. More or less, is solved.
Oort, pay attention to this link for the reviews, daily or weekly, of the exporter:
https://www.thebountyrenderer.org/downloads
povmaniac,
I will keep an eye out for updates.
I only had a minute or two to play with this today. I get the following crash dump when I edit materials in some of my example files. This happens when I edit materials in the outliner. Seems to happen with SSS materials. See the crash dump below.

Thanks,
oort

Quote:Dump written 2016-9-23_18-50
Version: 2.0.5
Window: geom
Reason: {function_clause,
[{wings_dialog,slider_style,
[58.042,{0.0,10.0}],
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_dialog.erl"},
{line,1444}]},
{wings_dialog,create_slider,6,
{line,1399}]},
{wings_dialog,build,5,
{line,941}]},
{lists,foldl,3,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1262}]},
{wings_dialog,build_box,7,
{line,1269}]},
{lists,foldl,3,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1262}]},
{wings_dialog,build_box,7,
{line,1282}]},
{lists,foldl,3,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1262}]}]}

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{wx,batch,1,[{file,"wx.erl"},{line,182}]},
{wings_dialog,dialog_1,5,
{line,262}]},
{wings_develop,time_command,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_develop.erl"},
{line,81}]},
{wings,raw_command,4,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings.erl"},{line,638}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,932}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,903}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,768}]},
{wings_wm,get_and_dispatch,0,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,660}]}]
Oort, back compatibility maybe is break. You need create all materials from scratch. I are update exporter a few minutes ago.
povmaniac,
The September 24 version of the plugin seems to have fixed the problem with opening materials with old SSS settings.

To be consistent with all the other Render plugins (Pov-Ray, Kerkythea, YafaRay) it would probably be better to have the user browse for the executable instead of the folder under Edit > Pug-in Preferences > The Bounty.

I will work on making new example files for The Bounty as I have time. Rather busy right now with life... Sad

Thanks,
oort
(09-28-2016, 12:51 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]povmaniac,
The September 24 version of the plugin seems to have fixed the problem with opening materials with old SSS settings.
Great..!

(09-28-2016, 12:51 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]To be consistent with all the other Render plugins (Pov-Ray, Kerkythea, YafaRay) it would probably be better to have the user browse for the executable instead of the folder under Edit > Pug-in Preferences > The Bounty.
Not.. TheBounty use the binarie folder how a 'base' for search the plugins and the executable for each OS's and also, decided to use GUI or not.
Code:
RenderExec =
            case os:type() of
                {win32,_} ->
                    case GuiMode of
                        true -> format(Renderer)++"/thebounty-gui.exe";
                        _ -> format(Renderer)++"/thebounty-xml.exe"
                    end;
                % atm, not GUI option under Linux or OSX
                _ -> format(Renderer)++"/thebounty-xml"
            end,
        PluginsPath = "-pp "++format(Renderer)++"/plugins",

(09-28-2016, 12:51 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]I will work on making new example files for The Bounty as I have time. Rather busy right now with life... Sad
Same here. The life is sometimes a very hard things..Smile
But don't worry, I will create some basic example files.

Greetings...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19