Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Yes, I noticed that using "Gui mode" is an option in the Render Options dialog. I think that users will use one mode (gui) or the other (without gui) and not switch back and forth. When I first started testing it took me a minute to figure out that I needed to turn on that option in order to see the gui...

If you prefer it the way you have it, I understand... Smile

Thanks,
oort
Often, to improve implies changing things. But always he is worth learning a little and enjoying the progress.
(09-28-2016, 03:55 AM)povmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2016, 12:51 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]To be consistent with all the other Render plugins (Pov-Ray, Kerkythea, YafaRay) it would probably be better to have the user browse for the executable instead of the folder under Edit > Pug-in Preferences > The Bounty.
Not.. TheBounty use the binarie folder how a 'base' for search the plugins and the executable for each OS's and also, decided to use GUI or not.
The use of executable as reference makes easy to remove/add the reference to the render for the menu File->Render as well as the Material dialog. It's used that way to avoid new users to try render without install the appropriated application.
As you prefer to not use that, please remember to fix the code where this checking is made. Wink

Also, I recommend you to use wings_job:quote/1 to formatting the path string. Note that the plugin already uses it.
From the wings_job:quote/1:
Quote:%% Universal argument quoting
%%
%% If the string contains singlequote, doublequote or whitespace
%% - doublequote the string and singlequote embedded doublequotes.
%% God may forbid doublequotes. They do not work in Windows filenames,
%% nor in YafRay result .tga filenames. They might only work in
%% Unix executable pathname being very weird even there.
My erlang skill is not enough for now.. so I apply the maxim on computer world " if work, don't touch.." Smile
Testing and improved new volume type..

[Image: vol1.png]

Greetings..
Btw.. I'm working in a new GUI mode, with some less dependencies and most easy multi OS capability Smile
Greetings..
I just download the thebounty_0.1.6_rc4_win64.7z from www.thebountyrender.org/downloads, setted up the preferences and when tried to render a scene I got this error message on the log window:

Code:
Renderer "F:\\Program Files\\thebounty\\bin/thebounty-xml.exe" not found: {error,
                                                                           enoent}

What a surprise when I checked the folder I installed TheBounty and found:
yafaraycore.dll, yafarayplugin.dll, yafaray-xml.exe, .... Rolleyes
Sure that you are donwload the right version??
https://www.thebountyrenderer.org/system...1474672940

[Image: right_version.png]

Btw.. see into readme file for details about instal and execute.
Micheus,
I think that is a problem with where you have The Bounty installed. Currently he does not support paths with spaces in the name (Program Files).

This is per the Readme.txt file installed with The Bounty.

Povmaniac.
This was fixed in the YafaRay plugin a long time ago. Maybe look at the latest version of that plugin to find the solution to this problem.

Thanks,
oort
(10-05-2016, 02:05 PM)povmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Sure that you are donwload the right version??
Yes, I just download both from you site.

I don't think the problem would be the plugin since I just inform the Path - the change you implemented.

The problem is there is no thebouty-xml.exe there, but an yafaray-xml.exe !!!
Just check the thebounty_0.1.6_rc4_win64.7z in you site - that link 0.1.6.rc4.

Just to be clear:
[Image: thebounty-files.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19