Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Thanks.

You know, the fast way would be just add a cylinder slide its edge loops to each key position and scaling them properly - adding more edges if necessary. But, the "Translation" video series are intended to follow the original steps and approach as much as possible since the main idea behind them is to show Wings3D can do that too as well as tell to beginners they can learn from others 3D applications tutorials (we used to see a few ones for Wings3D).
Great
From 9:00 very useful for me (intrude command, may use on deleted faces?)
Yes, Just because the deleted faces becomes a 'big' and unique one - you know, Wings3D works always with a closed surface. That is why after delete a lot of faces like that it can looks weird.
If you understand that, you can play with it. Wink
[Image: arm-reworked.png] [Image: leaves-reworked.png] [Image: rings-reworked.png] [Image: Ornament_Shape-base-details.png]

Ready to be painted
[Image: ornament-mapped.png] [Image: body-normal-wip.png]
Fine! Congratulations, Micheus.
Smile
While I don't have long free time to finish painting the ornament in Substance Painter (without practice that take me some time)...

... let's do something different (for me Smile): a plant called Monstera
[Image: leaves-wire.png]

[Image: leaves-start.png]

[Image: leaves-textured.png]

Two sets of textures created with Gimp from the reference image:
[Image: leaves-texture-set.png]
Very nice textures. Bravo!
Micheus such a great display of renders. Really wanting to play with your heightmap plug-in. Is it only for older versions or can I use it with the new version of wings as well?
The discussion about bad leaves render was moved to this thread.
It was flooding this topic a little. Wink
(01-25-2017, 06:32 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2017, 03:06 PM)Cjankowski Wrote: [ -> ]Micheus such a great display of renders. Really wanting to play with your heightmap plug-in. Is it only for older versions or can I use it with the new version of wings as well?
Unfortunately, the plugin UI needs to be updated I couldn't do that yet. So, yes, it works only in old version (1.5).

I see my comment was moved to this thread? haha and I was thinking it was never posted as I commented on how much I liked your renders in your playing with wings thread. Well I am sorry to hear that. I really wish I knew more about scripting as I would help try to get it working I just thought it would be neat to try out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25