Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Ready to be textured.
[Image: speaker-uvmap.jpg]
That was a nice texture to create. :-)
After find the pattern I create the bump and normal map. A mask map for the holes was also created from it.
[Image: top-dish-pattern.png]
Micheus,
That texture looks great. I can't wait to see the finished model.

oort
Thanks
It took me a couple of time to create a spiral using path tool in Gimp:
[Image: top-dish.png]

Still working on the diffuse texture for the base piece. I just realize I put something in the wrong place on the mesh. The USB port is too close to the logo image - I'm just reviewing it. Sad
[Image: body-base-dif.jpg]
Lately I have not had much time to model, but during my tests with the future PBR materials I ended up coming with this spacecraft.
wow! Shocked
PBR makes difference. Looks very nice.
Let's move W3D to next level!

BR, Hank
Something that should to be finished before the last year ends, but I couldn't. Smile

Build the textures is always a challenge and it was not different trying to use this cork image to build it.
[Image: building-the-cork.png]

And again I couldn't to use my plugin to build this twisted wire. It's still not good for that. Sad

The trick was to use a big Spring and scale it down. Then, to connect them a couple of Sweep Region (Free). After one "leg" was ready it was just duplicated and welded to create the twisted wire.
For the wire that connect the "legs" I started with a Cylinder Tube with a few sessions and removed the segment I was about to deform. Then, again I used Sweep Region (free) plus Tweak Magnet to get that result.
To finish it I added some extra loops by using Flow Edge Loop.

I found a nice and clean label of a champagne manufacturer which I could to extract the maps I needed to make it look like another one from the same brand I found.
[Image: building-the-label.png] [Image: building-the-label-2.png]

As usual I tried to use as less polygons I could to give the object a nice look (not much faceted without to smooth)

And the look of the material settings with the new light shader is really awesome! Smile
good details and textures man Cool
Wire is excellent!
I keep my fingers crossed for you path plugin - it could help us with many curvy shapes too!

BR, Hank
Micheus,
Great modeling as usual.

Happy New Year! Smile

oort
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25