Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Back to the Aeon speaker...

I decided to create the power-on and Bluetooth icons separated and mix them on the button's mesh later.
[Image: bluetooth-icon-curve.png] [Image: bluetooth-icon.png] [Image: power-on-icon.png] [Image: Aeon-Spk-bluetooth-power-on-wire.png]

[Image: Aeon-Spk-bluetooth-power-on-shader.png]
Very impressive.
Nice job !
Thanks olve11

I finally finished it today. Cool

Here are the UV maps. It was necessary some love to make it ready to paint the textures in Substance Paint. The libigl code used by Wings3D to unwrap the mesh is doing a good job with this kind of mesh, but it can become a little elliptical instead of the desired circle shape for some islands:
[Image: aeon-speaker-pod-UV-Body.png] [Image: aeon-speaker-pod-UV-Ring.png] [Image: aeon-speaker-pod-UV-Speaker-Grill.png]

The textures for the speaker and speaker grill I made with Gimp. At right is a workflow as a node system:
[Image: Aeon-Spk-speaker-frame-and-back-textures.png] [Image: speaker-grill-workflow-fullsize.png]

Here is a render I made with Iray in Substance Painter.
Wow! We would need a nice render tool like this for Wings3D.
[Image: aeon-speaker-pod-SP-Render-2.png]

Aeon Portable Bluetooth by Micheus on Sketchfab
Like the render and preview in Sketchfab too. Man, great job!
Thanks olve11

New W.I.P: Christmas Wood Train
I had paused it (something I do a lot Smile) after realize I have to paint seven textures.

How it started in November:
[Image: Christmas-Wood-Train-wire-wip1.png]

Late in November it was unwrapped. I did that for every object then I got initially 32 materials/uvs which at the end I grouped then by wagons.
The checker texture helped me to keep the UVs scale similar. Then after I combine the objects to get the only one UV texture I was able to normalise the sizes, arranje the islands (pack) and scale to fit in the "cell":

I used vertex colours to help me with the solid colours I needed in the base colour texture.
This weekend I get back to paint the base color textures in Gimp. For the other maps I will use Substance Painter:
[Image: Christmas-Wood-Train-Texturing-1.png]

There are still missing elements which I should model/add at the end.
While I paused the wood train I worked on blocking this statue I have at home which I've been waiting for Curve Tools be ready (and capable) do make it.

It was a "challenge" I defined in 2013 when I started to build the plugin for the very first time.

And as expected, by pushing the plugin usage further I found some issues and small bugs that didn't noticed before.

Here is the used curves and the objects (sweep, lathe, bridge):
[Image: black-woman-statue-curves-finished.png]

Here everything converted to Wings3D objects:
[Image: black-woman-statue-w3d-start.png]

Now I'm currently modelling the details.

In this model there will be a couple of welding points. Since the Curve Tools plugin already generate the UV maps for the mesh it becomes important to have a way to fix it in AutoUV. That was the reason I came out with the Proportional distribution.
[Image: Neck-Welding-point-UV.png]
I just finished the wooden Christmas train.

[Image: Woodden-Train-wings.png]

Christmas Wood Train by Micheus on Sketchfab
Revisiting a old project which I didn't use PBR material. In 2017 I rendered the brake disc using Kerkythea materials.

I rework the entire textures and increased the resolution as well (2K²) and added a stand object to present it better.
Find the way to create the marks pattern on brake rotor was hard. All the disc textures were painted in Gimp and for the stand I used Substance Painter material:
[Image: brake-disc-set.png]

Working in something that has been a challenge to me, looking for better topology.

It's only a fragment to be replicated twenty times to build a ring for a sport wheel I'm working on (slowly).

[Image: Holo-fragment.png]
Ring done

[Image: Hoop-base-mix.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25