Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Something I was trying to create a small How To after watch a video tutorial last December. I was looking for the best way to create the "rings".

After smooth, I UVmaped it and used the OC to build the texture.
This is one those models that requires a little of trick to translate from 3dsMax to Wings3D. I took me five tries until I find the workflow.

Check out the original tutorial and make your try. Smile

Result of Schoen's Batwing Surface | 3dsMax by @Luxxeon 3D

[Image: Schoens-Batwing-Surface-1024x576.png]
Rendered in Kerkythea Echo Boost Edition v2.5.2 Windows 64bit (Metropolis Light Transport-BPT - 2:32')
Something I made to be used with my speaker (wich I finally found time to finish).
It uses Wi-Fi charger and Bluetooth earset. So, there is no holes to plug the cords for this kind of stuff. Biggrin

All textures for the materials were made using Gimp 2.8 (base color, metallic, roughness, normal and emission)
Wireframe:

Materials in Hemisphere light:

Materials in Camera light - PBR shader:

I finally found some time to finish this model I started two years ago. Shocked

I spent the last one week working on the PBR texture and the result can be saw bellow. Without any global parameters from the PBR shader to help me improve the scene light/quality I believe that was the best I could to do in order to get a nice render inside Wings3D.
Now is time to try render it outside. Smile

As a reference, this is the original equipment I'm reproducing
[Image: IMG-20190519-141312418.jpg]

Here are the visualization of one side (2). Others can be found on my Instagram.
Wireframe (side 2):

Flat shader with normal map:

Material in Hemisphere Light:

Material in Camera Light (PBR shader):

Details - Bottom:

Details - Top:

Details - Speaker:

Details - Labels:

Leash - three variations:
hi Micheus,
Excellent works!
PBR shader looks nice now Smile
just one question: what's the status for curve option? in the thread I see W.I.P - so, how did you made the leash?
textures are photo or made in some bitmap program?

PS. if you're not going to render it with any external renderer, add more W3D lights.

BR, Hank
(05-22-2019, 05:00 AM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]just one question: what's the status for curve option? in the thread I see W.I.P - so, how did you made the leash?
Hi Hank.
It's still that way. I stopped to work on other stuff and didn't get back to it. I still need to finish what I'm working one before get back to it. Sorry.
But, yes. I used it to build the leashes (three variations) - curves and tubes created with Sweep:

Quote:textures are photo or made in some bitmap program?
I built all textures using Gimp. As I wanted to replicate the original model, I used some pieces of pictures I took to recreate the "Grasep" logo (the text I just choose a font closer the one stamped on my reference object) and other pieces I used to extract the texture like the leash and the rubber on the bottom:

The blue label I built from scratch.

I also use the pictures as reference for measurement like when making these strips for the bump map. I use to create a base color first and then prepare the bump map (a layer for detail). Then, from it I use to create the normal, metal and roughness.

Create a tillable texture is something that takes time. I toke a couple of pictures with my smartphone and after choose one I tried to find a small portion which I could to use as pattern. After that a lot of work until get the final tile:

Quote:PS. if you're not going to render it with any external renderer, add more W3D lights.
Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, I should to try render it using Kerkythea, but it will take some time to setup the materials inside on it. A PBR render would be nice, but I don't have time to learn how to do that on Blender.
(05-22-2019, 07:57 AM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]It's still that way. I stopped to work on other stuff and didn't get back to it. I still need to finish what I'm working one before get back to it. Sorry.

No problem. I will be waiting for next updates.

Quote:textures are photo or made in some bitmap program?

Small logo or usually things which can be easily scalled I make with Incscape - very good vector program. But Gimp is OK too.

Quote:Create a tillable texture is something that takes time. I toke a couple of pictures with my smartphone and after choose one I tried to find a small portion which I could to use as pattern.
This one small tile you can also create in Gimp/Inkscape (with gradient) and the follow similar steps.
And 'snap to grid' is a must for this preparation.
BTW. in Gimp there's tile option -> v2.10.x -> help -> search and run command -> small tiles.
For 2.9.x -> filter -> maps -> small tiles
For both filters you just need to prepare 'square' sample to be tiled.

Quote:Yeah, I should to try render it using Kerkythea, but it will take some time to setup the materials inside on it. A PBR render would be nice, but I don't have time to learn how to do that on Blender.
If required any B3D support (as far as possible) I can help.

BR, Hank
(05-23-2019, 06:26 AM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Yeah, I should to try render it using Kerkythea, but it will take some time to setup the materials inside on it. A PBR render would be nice, but I don't have time to learn how to do that on Blender.
If required any B3D support (as far as possible) I can help.
Thanks for the offer. Noted! Smile

Here is the renders...
[Image: speaker-1024x576-detail.jpg]
Rendered with Kerkythea 2008 Echo Boost 64bits

[Image: cellphone-1024x576-detail.jpg]
Rendered with Kerkythea 2008 Echo Boost 64bits
I just grabbed some screenshots of the steps I used to create that old key in the post #181 (that time I used the Save Incrementally option)

[Image: Old-Key-steps.jpg]
Here the 3D visualization of the speaker.
I exported my project to glTF (binary option), but I figured out that SketchFab has a bug in the glTF importer. So, I used the old way: Wavefront - packing .obj, .mtl and all maps in a .zip file).

Speaker - Grasper D-BH887 by micheus on Sketchfab
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25