Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
hi Micheus,

how's your feeling for Substance Painter?
do you follow trail version or is it full license?
I'm asking because there's some alternative which I'd like to test in free time: https://armorpaint.org/

BR, Hank
Hank, sorry for the delay. I sent you a email with my thoughts.
Stool mesh and with textures painted on Substance Painter:
[Image: Stool-wire.png] [Image: Stool-material.png]

This chair I still didn't textured and which is a replica of one I have at home:

The UV map was made to keep the wood veins in accord with the original object:
[Image: Chair-UVmesh.png]

It would be good be able to create a procedural one in order to get the correct look of the wood in places where we see a traversal cut.

Left) I used the procedural one we have available on Wings3D, but unfortunately it's impossible to get rid with those white lines - even using the Filter layer. It would be interesting it work because my original chair has that almost look.
Right) I used a regular wood texture, but the object looks weird in the traversal part visible like on the back upright. Huh

[EDIT]: That white lines can be removed using the Edge Filter. I missed something about this feature: the colour in Background layer must has its opacity set to 0 (transparent).
Strange the filter works for me..
before I realized the filter was there I was coloring the background the same shade as the wood
It works fine if you are baking the vertex colour. Is that your case. Anyway, I still need to check in another PC with another GPU.
if I do the filter after the wood procedural I don't get the lines
This Windows and Linux.. 2.2.5
Although Wings workspace does show slight edges but they aren't there at render time (exported)
Yes. The layers must be in the right order and the filters mus be the latest ones. Sure I did that.vSmile
Hi,

Nice job Micheus
The UV map on chair is perfect.
Quote:Yes. The layers must be in the right order and the filters mus be the latest ones. Sure I did that.vSmile
What I didn't remember was to check the Background layer and undo a change I did a couple of time ago: in Color property set opacity to 0 (transparent). Blush

Quote:The UV map on chair is perfect.
Thanks Olve11
Choose the proper orientation of the UV islands helped to bring the effect I wanted in the object in order to show the wood veins in the right direction for each wood chunk used.
That is valid for the two texture options in the image bellow. I just realise the procedural texture in Wings3D may need some fix to work in accordance:

The first image is a picture of the chair in my room and the two other are the object
rendered in Substance Painter - not bad Cool:
[Image: IMG-20200417.jpg] [Image: Chair1-Render-SP-back.png] [Image: Chair1-Render-SP-frente.png]

Chair- Wood by micheus on Sketchfab
Playing with dgud's Greebles plugin

[Image: greeble0.png]

[Image: greeble1.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25