Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
New work in progress. Smile

[Image: windmill-WIP.png]

Unwrapped UV map
[Image: windmill-UV-WIP.png]
in the meantime...

Rendered with Kerkythea Echo Boost Edition v2.5.2 Windows 64bit (Photonmap High+AA 0.3)

I always wonder how much time do you spend to find a way how to do it step by step ;D
Some times a couple of hours and some times half of one (like this one that is very simple).
But, I watch the original videos two three times before start it on Wings3D mentally thinking the command I can use to get that result (when there's​ no equivalent), then I start to work on Wings3D. I use to repeat three times before start to record the video. But, for complex shapes I need to repeat more until I don't forget the steps. The ornament shape was one of that. I used the save incremental and increase the undo value to 32.

People don't like to watch videos whiteout audio (I don't speak English fluently), So the videos have to be short to keep some attention. I record them slowly and then I use VirtualDub to speed them up (usually 1.5x) to get a good sequence that could be followed.
It takes long time put the YouTube annotations that are relevant for complex shapes (mainly for the other 3D tutorial translations).
If someone is already familar with Wings3D then there is no need to add annotations or even talk. I really like your videos, but I'm looking forward to see more tutorials like your lamp or a candle etc. I guess it's hard to find a fine model to make, easy and fast to show - I have the same.
(05-24-2017, 03:07 PM)Marcin Maćkowiak Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is already familar with Wings3D then there is no need to add annotations or even talk.
Sure, but for those that are trying Wings3D it makes difference. Also, just because we do a cross references of these 3D tutorials, some people just discover that Wings3D can do things they thought it was available only in the big 3D tools. It's nice when I hear that. Smile

Quote:I'm looking forward to see more tutorials like your lamp or a candle etc. I guess it's hard to find a fine model to make, easy and fast to show - I have the same.
Yes. People sometimes ask for more complex tutorials like make a car or a character. I could try, but I don't have all the skills for that - and I really don't have time to practice, then I have limitations. Smile
(05-24-2017, 05:17 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, but for those that are trying Wings3D it makes difference. Also, just because we do a cross references of these 3D tutorials, some people just discover that Wings3D can do things they thought it was available only in the big 3D tools. It's nice when I hear that. Smile
Yeah, you are right thats a good point of view.

(05-24-2017, 05:17 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. People sometimes ask for more complex tutorials like make a car or a character. I could try, but I don't have all the skills for that - and I really don't have time to practice, then I have limitations. Smile
I didnt't thought about cars or characters but I'm hopefull to see some day such a work like that of yours Smile there is nothing more to say like wish you more time! Becouse skills you have got already too many Tongue 'chuckles'
It's just a exercise I'm doing by using the subject for the Sketchfab challenge: HandPaintedDoor.

[Image: gate.png]
Oh god! How hard was to finish the texture painting.

Gate by micheus on Sketchfab

For the textures, I hand painted the diffuse using MyPaint (should I have said “mouse painted” Smile) and the other maps were made using Gimp.

I liked the result I got in Sketchfab using Classic render option with some post-processing. I think it looks really nice. (best seen in Full screen mode)
wow you did a really good work with texturing! Somewhere I would say that there is a mesh but it is a textur doing amazing job.

Are you going to use it somewhere? ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25