Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Micheus,
Looks great/real... Smile

oort
That is another translation of an abstract object created by Luxxeon 3D. He created the video tutorial for 3dsmax and Blender.

As it was a interesting object I tried to create it using Wings3D which required a couple of workarounds. Smile

A description is available via Subtitles/Closed caption button on the player (so, best seen at YouTube homepage):
I was looking to some old works and I ended up by working in the PBR material for this old-style Hair Drier:
[Image: hair-dryer-pbr.png]

[Image: hair-dryer-wire.png]
Now I revisited the Snail I made in 2010 by improving the material and textures.
[Image: snail-wire.png][Image: snail-normal.png] [Image: snail-pbr.png]

But, it really looks awesome in Sketchfab when I added the SSS to it. Smile

Snail by micheus on Sketchfab
I've seen some tutorials about how to build a wrought iron basket and all of them are based on curves.
As Wings3D doesn't have support to curves I challenge myself about how to build it but avoiding to use Sweep command which allow us to construct twisted meshes like this, but it's not so predictable as we need for this case. Here is the result:

[Image: wrought-iron-basket-details.png]

[Image: wrought-iron-basket-views.png]

[Image: Wall-wrougth-iron-basket-det2.png]

[Image: Wall-wrought-iron-basket.png]
funny enough I was watching a Sketchup tutorial about doing something similar, its Sketchup's equivalent to sweep isn't reliable either.. I have the pipe work on R2 to do.
their solution was something similar to your curve plugin and populate the curve with the profile shape then connect them together

nice work Smile
Yeah, I watched that one too.
I've been doing some personal projects to use in my apartment someday. Smile

There is no textures here - only material colors (except by the floor, of course). Rendered in Kerkythea.

Here is a version of a sofa (it's more like a sketch), which I'm still working on it and this one I should to apply some textures.

Minimal mesh needed to apply smooth and get a good result:
Sofa updated.
Changed the wood style (now rounded), textured and painted in Substance Painter (render image is from SP screenshot)

looking good.
I'm accident prone so the handles on the smaller doors worry me, they look a bit close to the edge and I could see me hitting my head on them
great sofa Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25