Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Playing with Wings3D for fun (Micheus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Thanks Radi

That is the first work I'm doing not so "for fun".
I'm using the new Collection feature of G+ to make posts with some of my thoughts about the process I'm using. It's opened for discussion.
It has been a good way to learn about the wrong steps or bad sequence I can be using to get the model finished.
Also, I've using more tools to reach the final results. Today I upload some info about the use of Roadkill I did.

The UV maps
[Image: night_fury___fabric_toy__w_i_p__2__by_mi...s9qRuyVus4]

Textured:
[Image: night_fury__fabric_toy____w_i_p__3b_by_m...eqEFYpWlp0]

Here is an update to the textured model
[Image: night_furry__fabric_toy__by_micheuss_d98...wzxqq2Z-oY]
very cool design, good work micheus
Something that I was tempted to try reproduce in Wings3D after watch the John Malcolm's tutorial made in 3dsmax.
One that watches his video could imagine be impossible to do that by using Wings3D. In fact, someone made a comment exactly about that.
[Image: CubicGyroidAbstract.png]

The Wings3D tutorial:
I finally found a time to finish my Night Furry (fabric toy). Smile

[Image: night_furry__fabric_toy__by_micheuss_d98...wzxqq2Z-oY]
Rendered with POV-Ray 3.7 64bits
Texture painted with Substance Painter
Micheus,
Great job. Very impressive work on the UV map and textures.

oort
Thanks oort.
I tried to do something more "professional" this time. Smile
I don't think I have ever seen anything of yours that was not "professional"... Biggrin

oort
That isn't a original scene. It's inspired in the John Malcolm's work: 3d Tutorial | Sphericon Pendant | 3dsmax
I also tried the new 3D texture shaders available in the version 2.0.2.

[Image: sphericon_pedant__by_john_malcolm__by_mi...kQ_WNRu4do]
Rendered with Kerkythea Echo Boost Edition v2.5.2 Windows 64bit (PhotonMap Fine + AA 0.3) | 12min (i5 4GB)
Full render and details on my deviantArt.

The Wings3D tutorial:
That was the last challenge: create a Schoen's Gyroid using Wings3D. It was "requested" by a YouTube user +Sunlessmage.

I used Kerkythea to set the material properties and render the scene, but I used the new Lava shader for the texture.

Echo Boost Edition v2.5.2 Windows 64bit (PhotonMap Fine + AA 0.3) | 3min (i5 4GB)
Full render and details on my deviantArt.

Here is another variation

The Wings3D tutorial:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25